MACG - Summer 2017 Leadership Institute (Part 2)
Jul 22, 2017
from 09:30 AM to 04:30 PM
|Where||Lake Oswego United Methodist Church, 1855 South Shore Blvd, Lake Oswego|
|Contact Name||Mary Nemmers|
|Contact Phone||503 522-4925|
|Add event to calendar||
Friday, July 21, 7:00 – 9:00 PM and Saturday, July 22, 9:30 AM – 4:30 PM
This two-day training is for those who share an interest in working together for the common good.
The Institute provides content based on the philosophy and practices developed by the Industrial Areas Foundation (IAF) in over 70 years of organizing experience. The topics include:
- Why organize? – Examine the history, traditions, and values of our labor, faith, community and educational organizations.
- Fundamental organizing skills – Learn tools to conduct individual relational meetings, listening sessions, research, negotiations and action to help obtain a concrete, winnable outcome.
- Strengthening our institutions – Engage people systematically in a culture that is relational, action-oriented and reflective.
- Problems vs. issues – Focus from general problems to concrete, winnable issues by using relational power in the public arena to negotiate for the common good.
- Participants from MACG member organizations: FREE
- Participants NOT from MACG member organizations: $50.00 (to be applied to future membership dues)
- Lunch Saturday will be provided for a $10 donation per participant.
Childcare: Available – indicate your need on the registration form.