MACG - Fall 2018 Leadership Institute (Part 1)
Oct 14, 2018
from 02:00 PM to 07:00 PM
|Where||Havurah Shalom, 825 NW 18th Ave, Portland|
|Contact Name||Mary Nemmers|
|Contact Phone||503 522-4925|
|Add event to calendar||
Sundays, October 14th and 21st, 2:00 - 7:00 PM
This two-day training is for those who share an interest in working together for the common good.
The Institute provides content based on the philosophy and practices developed by the Industrial Areas Foundation (IAF) in over 70 years of organizing experience. The topics include:
- Why organize? – Examine the history, traditions, and values of our labor, faith, community and educational organizations.
- Fundamental organizing skills – Learn tools to conduct individual relational meetings, listening sessions, research, negotiations and action to help obtain a concrete, winnable outcome.
- Strengthening our institutions – Engage people systematically in a culture that is relational, action-oriented and reflective.
- Problems vs. issues – Focus from general problems to concrete, winnable issues by using relational power in the public arena to negotiate for the common good.
- Participants from MACG member organizations: FREE
- Participants NOT from MACG member organizations: $50.00 (to be applied to future membership dues)
- Dinner will be provided. We are asking for a $10 donation per session to offset costs.
Childcare: Available – indicate your need on the registration form.
Registration Deadline: Thursday, October 11th