The Sound Alliance
The Sound Alliance is an independent, nonpartisan, nonprofit organization representing faith institutions, labor unions, education associations and other civic associations in the Puget Sound.
The Alliance is driven by the belief that a wide range of faith, labor, education, immigrant and other civil sector institutions are essential to a vibrant democratic society—mending and reweaving the social fabric essential for strong families, healthy communities and a just world.
The Sound Alliance and its other Northwest affiliates are part of the larger Industrial Areas Foundation, the oldest and most widely recognized broad-based community organizing and leadership development network of its kind.
The Alliance is directed by a team of leaders from 30 dues-paying member institutions united to:
- Strengthen each member organization by fostering internal organizational cultures that are relational, action-oriented and reflective/learning-based.
- Serve as a vehicle for member organizations -- striving to represent the cultural, religious, racial, economic and geographic diversity of the region -- to act together in the public arena with sufficient power for justice and the common good.
The Alliance’s current Agenda for the Common Good includes efforts related to:
- Affordable Housing /Foreclosure Prevention
- Sustainable Jobs & the Environment
- Immigration and Civil Rights
- Health Care