Donor Campaign: Support Real Impact in Your Community
The Sound Alliance Individual Donor Campaign has just kicked off and will be going until July 16!
During this month you can sustain your organization effectively creating change for the common good for your Puget Sound community.
Over the past couple of years the Sound Alliance has:
- Secured a commitment from King County Chief of Policy Carrie Cihak in May 2015 to establish an accountability mechanism to be built into the Best Starts for Kids levy policy.
- Worked to ensure safe shelter for people experiencing homelessness by attaining Seattle City Councilmember Jean Godden’s vote to decriminalize encampments on city land in February 2015.
- Gathered 275 leaders In November 2014 to secure support from Mayor Jim Ferrell of Federal Way for a day shelter for people experiencing homelessness.
- Hosted a Candidate Forum in October 2014 in Pierce County to gain a commitment from 28th District state legislative candidates on both sides of the aisle to work with us to fully fund education without decimating other essential services.
- Worked to secure passage in December 2013 of a King County Ordinance that rebuilds trust between law enforcement agencies and immigrant communities whilehelping keep immigrant families intact.
Jonathan Knapp, Seattle Education Association president says, “I’m reprioritizing my giving to support local work. I want my money to go to efforts that I know are effective and are working for the change that I want to see happen in our community.”
SUPPORT THE SOUND ALLIANCE TODAY!