Spokane - Leadership Institute for Public Life - Spring 2019 (Part 1)
Mar 01, 2019
from 09:00 AM to 03:30 PM
|Where||Girl Scouts, 1404 N Ash St, Spokane|
|Contact Name||Katie Ashmore|
|Contact Phone||(509) 389-1750|
|Add event to calendar||
Fridays, March 1st and 15th, 9 AM- 3:30 PM
This two-day training is for those who share an interest in working together for the common good.
The Institute provides content based on the philosophy and practices developed by the Industrial Areas Foundation (IAF) in over 70 years of organizing experience. The topics include:
- Why organize? – Examine the history, traditions, and values of our labor, faith, community and educational organizations.
- Fundamental organizing skills – Learn tools to conduct individual relational meetings, listening sessions, research, negotiations and action to help obtain a concrete, winnable outcome.
- Strengthening our institutions – Engage people systematically in a culture that is relational, action-oriented and reflective.
- Problems vs. issues – Focus from general problems to concrete, winnable issues by using relational power in the public arena to negotiate for the common good.
- Participants from Spokane Alliance member organizations: free.
- Participants NOT from Spokane Alliance member organizations: $100.00 (to be applied to future membership dues). We have many scholarships available and do not want cost to a barrier. Please email Katie about this option.
- Lunch will be provided. We are asking for a $10 donation to offset costs.
REGISTRATION DEADLINE: Friday, February 22
We might have spaces open after Friday, please contact Katie Ashmore to register.