Contact Your Legislator: Support Thriving Communities and the House Democrats' Budget
April 3, 2017
Good news - the House Democrats' budget was just released and includes many of the proposals that our All In For Washington campaign supports!
To support the steps the House Democrats' budget will take towards cleaning up our tax code and creating thriving communities, we now need letters to the editor and phone calls/emails to legislators.
This is where YOU come in!
1) LETTERS TO EDITOR - SPOKESMAN-REVIEW:
We need letters to the editor to support the values the House Democrats' proposals represent.
To assist in crafting your letter, here is a brief handout with background on the proposals.
Letters should be no longer than 200 words and must include:
- Street address
- A daytime telephone number
- An e-mail address.
2) PHONE CALLS TO LEGISLATORS:
- Call the Legislative Hotline at: (844) 489-4843
- Open from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Monday through Friday (translators are available).
- Leave your name and address. (They will tell you who your legislators are.)
- Tell them you want to send a message to all 3 of your legislators.
Sample Message (Make it your own but keep it short.)
I want to see our state lead the nation _______ (great schools, affordable healthcare, racial equity, clean air, etc)
It's time to clean up the tax code to make sure we build a strong foundation for Washington - and the House Democratic budget is a good step in the right direction. Please support closing the tax break on capital gains and other wasteful tax breaks to pay for a great future for all Washingtonians, rather than funding education at the expense of thriving communities.
3) EMAILS TO LEGISLATORS
No time to call? Fill out this form, and the email will be sent to your legislators.
Thanks for supporting efforts to clean up the tax code and create thriving communities!